We will establish high-speed service to a specific location in the house and make sure that it’s working. If your computer has not arrived yet or is not set up, please let us know this and we will delay setting up the high-speed connection until the computer is there and is set up.
Many high-speed internet problems can be resolved by simply doing a “reboot” of your computer, modem, and router (if you have a router). The correct way to do this is to completely shut off your computer, unplug the modem, and unplug the router (if you have a router). After waiting 15-30 seconds, plug in the modem and wait for a minute or two. If you have a router, plug that in next and wait another minute or two. Finally, turn on the computer and see if the internet is now working. If you find this to be confusing or are still not sure how to perform the reboot, call our office at 276-4458 or 1-800-830-1146 or our internet technical support help line at 1-866-276-8253 and someone can walk you through the process.
**Please note that if one of our technicians goes to the house and performs a reboot and it fixes the problem, a $20.00 trip charge will be applied to your bill.**
If, after performing a reboot, the connection problem still exists, we have things we can do without going to your residence, such as “see” the modem, verify that an IP address is being pulled, and verify packets are traveling back and forth. If we run tests and see no activity, we will come to your residence as soon as possible and test the connection, usually by hooking up a laptop to your modem to see if a connection can be established. If we cannot establish a connection, we will try another modem to determine whether it is a modem issue. If it is a modem problem, you may be able to send the modem in under the manufacturer’s warranty if it is still in effect. If not, you will need to purchase another modem from us or from another source.
If we still cannot get a connection with a new modem and our laptop, we have a problem on our side and will fix it as soon as possible at no cost to you. However, if we are able to connect with our laptop, but not with your computer , we can check your computer, but charges will apply (A minimum $25.00 charge, and $25.00 per ½ hour after the initial ½ hour). We will only check your computer if you want us to. If you wish to have someone else look at the computer, no charges will be applied unless you decide later to have us come back out and check the computer.
**Please note that our computer technician is available for internet related issues only. All other computer related problems will require you to contact a computer repair person. If he is sent out on a trouble call that is not internet related, there will automatically be a $25.00 charge applied to your bill, along with a $25.00 per ½ hour charge.
INTERNET SPEEDS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
Butler-Bremer Communications does not guarantee you will receive the listed download and upload speeds. 10 Mbps, 25 Mbps and 50 Mbps speeds are available in Nashua and in all fiber areas. If you are NOT in a fiber area, your download speed will be 8 Mbps instead of 10 Mbps. 25 Mbps and 50 Mbps speeds are not available in non-fiber areas.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ**
- If you are getting stand-alone internet service (you do not have a landline telephone or cable TV through Butler-Bremer Communications), you will pay a $7.00 monthly line charge.
- Service speeds are not guaranteed. Many factors outside of Butler-Bremer Communications’ control can negatively affect the speeds you receive. High usage times, such as 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM at night, can cause a drop in your internet speed. Also, please note that the more devices you connect with and use at the same time, the slower your speeds will be.
- Lightning damage is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. It is your responsibility to unplug your modem (from the phone jack & electrical outlet) before storms in order to prevent lightning damage. Although a surge protector can help, it is not recommended to rely on a surge protector to prevent damage to your modem, router, or any other electrical equipment from lightning strikes.
- Any Butler-Bremer e-mail account that is not accessed for six (6) consecutive months is eligible for deletion.
- By signing this form, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the information presented above and your ongoing responsibility to review our Acceptable Use Policy as updated from time to time and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of all applicable company policies.
- The activation fee only covers the activation of the service. It does not cover hooking up multiple devices, a separate router, or installing any programs or antivirus software. A Butler-Bremer technician will make sure that the internet service is active on one device before leaving. If no device is present during the activation, the technician will check to make sure the service is active and it will be the customer’s responsibility to connect the device to the internet once the device is at the residence.